There are a number of sales reports showing ticket sales in the reporting module. In this article we go through different reports that show ticket sales based on different parameters and filters. The most important reports showing ticket sales are:
Daily Sales is the most used sales report in the system. It shows sales for events grouped by dates or groups based on transaction and/or event date period. Using both transaction and event date period means that the report can show sales for tickets sold in January for an event that is held in February.
Date: Choose the desired date interval that should be used in the report.
Event Filter: Choose to include specific events based on settings in the filter. If no event filter is used, all events will be included in the report.
Report type: Choose what type of report should apply. Either by sales date or by event date. Also choose if the report should group events by event group or not (one row per event group or event date).
- By Sales Date: Shows total sales for all events chosen in the event filter during the date interval specified in Date.
- By Event Date: Shows sales for all events that have been or will be held during the date interval specified in Date.
By Sales Date
When the report is generated with By sales date as type, the report will show a graph showing sales during the set period specified in Date. One line will show revenue and one will show number of tickets sold (including free tickets).
2. Event sales
Next section of the report will show sales figures including number of sold tickets, free tickets, total tickets and revenue per event date or event group based on selected report type. VAT are shown if VAT in reports is activated by Tixly Support.
3. Ticket Type sales
Shows tickets sold and revenue per ticket type for all events combined. To see ticket type sales for a specific event, either generate the report using the event filter (selecting only the desired event) or use the Event Overview Report.
4. User sales
Shows tickets sold and revenue per user for all events combined. To see user sales for a specific event, either generate the report using the event filter (selecting only the desired event), alternatively use the Event Overview Report or Cashier Report.
5. Sales per day
The last table shows sales per day for all events combined during the time interval chosen in Date.
By Event date - Occupancy report
When report type is set to by event date, the set date interval will not stand for transaction period but when the event are held. E.g. If Date is defined as 1 January - 31 January, the report will show all sales for events that is held in January.
The first table will then show sold and reserved tickets, along with free tickets, occupancy and allocated tickets. This report could also be considered an Occupancy report. Below the first table follows the same as in By Sales date, sales per ticket type and sales by user.
Event Overview Report
The event overview report shows sales for one or more event. Used often to settle sales after an event has been held.
In the left column, you choose which events and which settings that should apply to the report.
Transaction period: Can be set to see sales only within a set date interval. Tick the checkbox and choose the interval.
Events: Changing the event filter dates will change which events are shown in the list below. It is then possible to view all events or filter on chosen event groups. The events that should be in the report are then selected by holding down Ctrl and selecting the desired events (or Ctrl+A for all events). If you hold Shift while pressing two events, all events between and including them, will be selected.
Type: The report can then be customized with different types.
- Ticket types, Price, PriceZone, Users, Section, Reserved, Allocated: One section per type.
- Show VAT: Will show sales figures with specified VAT.
- Show Sales Tax: Will show sales figures with specified Sales Tax.
- Only subscriptions: Will show only tickets sold in subscriptions.
- Split by date: Will split the report to show one section per selected event.
Sales Summary is a specified overview report of all sales within a set date interval. It can be generated to group sales by day, week or month. It is ideal to generate for a longer set of time (a year, or month).
The graph shows all sales for the set date interval by the set report type (day, week or month). The graph is interactive and the type of sale can be clicked to hide/show lines in the graph. Hovering over a type of sale will highlight its line in the graph. Hovering over a point in the graph will show that point's (e.g. a month) sale.
Tables below specify all sales for each point (e.g. each month within a year). It is possible to filter the table using the search box. You can e.g. search for Friday if you only want to see sales on Fridays provided that Report type is set to Show sales by day.
- Year, Date, Weekday: Year, date or time.
- Tickets: Number of sold tickets, both online and in BoxOffice, not including tickets in subscriptions.
- FreeTickets: Number of generated free tickets.
- Revenue: Revenue on sold tickets, not including tickets sold in subscriptions.
- SubTickets: Number of sold tickets in subscriptions (online and BoxOffice).
- FreeSubTickets: Number of generated free tickets in subscriptions.
- SubRevenue: Revenue on sold tickets in subscriptions.
- TicketsOnline: Number of sold tickets online.
- TotalSoldTickets: Total nummer of sold tickets (online and BoxOffice), including tickets sold in subscriptions.
- TotalFreeTickets: Number of total generated free tickets (online and BoxOffice), including tickets sold in subscriptions.
- TotalTickets: Total number of generated and sold tickets, including free tickets and tickets sold in subscriptions.
- TotalTicketRevenue: Total revenue for all sold tickets, including tickets sold in subscriptions.
- GiftCardsBO: Number of sold gift cards in BoxOffice.
- GiftCardsWWW: Number of sold gift cards online.
- GiftCardsRevenue: Revenue for all sold gift cards (online and BoxOffice).
- TotalRevenue: Total revenue for all sold tickets and gift cards.