New templates can be added and existing ones can be edited at any time.
There are several different emails that are sent from the system, both automatic (e.g. confirmation for online purchases) and manual (receipt or reservation confirmations sent from Box Office). All these emails can be created and edited directly from Box Office in the e-mail layout module which can be found under Administration - Layouts - Emails.
Edit email template
To edit an email template, select the row for it or use Actions/Edit.
- Name: Template name (only visible internally).
- Description: Internal template description.
- Sender (Email): Sender of the email. Defaulted to email@example.com but this can be changed to a dedicated one using a subdomain and assistance from Tixly Support.
- Sender (Name): Sender name of the email.
- Reply to (E-mail): The email address that the recipient will reply to if they should do so.
- Reply to (Name): The name that the recipient will reply to if they should do so.
- Category: Associated category (shall not be changed).
- Type: Message type (cannot be changed).
- Online: Email for online sales. Sent automatically when a customer finish a purchase.
- BoxOfficeConfirmation: Email sent manually from Box Office to customers that have purchased orders.
- BoxOfficeReservation: Email sent manually from Box Office to the customer that holds a reserved order. E.g. an email with a payment link (web reservation).
- BoxOfficeMoveEvent: Email sent manually from Box Office to customers when changing events on a sold order.
- BoxOfficeMoveSeats: Email sent manually from Box Office to customers when changing seats on sold order.
- EventAutoSend: Email sent automatically to customers when a batch refund is made or email triggers are created.
- ReportDeliveryEvents: Email sent automatically to users that wants to receive sales reports for events.
- ReportDeliveryProducts: Email sent automatically to users that wants to receive sales reports for products.
To edit the content, click edit at the bottom for each language you would like to edit. Read more about the HTML editor further down in this article.
Add new email template
Click Add mail template in the upper right corner to add a new template. You will be asked to choose an existing template to copy from. In the upper right corner one can search for a relevant template (e.g. Online if you'd like to create a template for online sales). When you know which one you would like to copy, click Copy to the right. You then input the required Information and click Save. To edit its content click the row for the template or Action/Edit and then Edit at the bottom (read more -> edit email template).
The template is edited in HTML and it will require some previous knowledge if you would like to create a complete new design. It is however pretty easy to just change text snippets. All content in the HTML code will be put inside the <body> </body> tag.
The text that is black inside the body tags are text fields that you should look for and can edit. When changes are made in the code, it will immediately be visible in the preview window to the right.
The template contains many dynamic variables, e.g. #ORDERID# which will return the order id of the order in subject. A guide can be viewed by clicking the T at the top.
By clicking and holding the left mouse button in the middle of the guide window, it is possible to move it around.
It is also possible to change what is shown in the preview by changing the content for each variable.
Start and end tags
#EVENT#, #PRODUCT#, #TICKETS# are all start and end tags. This means that everything that is put in-between #EVENT# and #EVENT# will be repeated for each event in the order.
The module for ticket layouts can be found at Administration - Layouts - Tickets. There it is possible to edit existing layouts as well as create new ones.
To create a new layout, click Add ticket layout in the upper right corner. In the next step, choose an existing layout as a starting point for the new one. Give the layout a name and click Save.
To edit the layout, click the layout you want to edit and then Edit to get to the layout editor.
Inside the module it is possible to edit the existing fields as well as add new images and text elements. To edit an existing element, click it and edit in the right column that will appear. Depending on type of element these fields can be edited:
- Text: Visible text field. Either a hardcoded text or a dynamic variable. In the example above the variable #TITLE# is used which will return the title of the event when printed.
All dynamic variables can be seen by clicking the symbol T in the upper left corner.
- X: Position on the X axis (right/left).
- Y: Position on the Y axis (up/down).
- Height: Height of the element.
- Width: Width of the element.
- Size: Font size or size of a rectangle border.
- Position: Position of elements. Higher value will be placed above lower values.
Ex: An element with position 3 will be shown above an element with position 2.
- Color: Color on font or border.
- BackgroundColor: Background color for rectangles.
- Font: Font family.
Clicking T in the upper left corner will show a guide of all dynamic variables that can be used in the layout. When the work is done, click Save layout.