An event date in the Tixly System is a specific date on which an event is held. One or more event dates are always connected to an event group. In the online buying process, all event dates connected to a specific event group are presented in one sales link.
To create multiple dates connected to a group, you start by creating an event date and then copying that into many dates making each date having the same settings but different start and end dates and times.
Create event date
To create an event date, navigate to Administration - Events - Dates and click Add event in the upper right corner.
- Name: The name of the event, visible on the ticket, in BoxOffice and online.
- Subtitle (Optional): The subtitle of the event, visible on the ticket, in BoxOffice and online.
- Organisation: If there are multiple organisations, select the correct organisation.
- Season: Used as a filter in reports and determines which online change rules are applied to events within the season.
- Promoter: Used as a filter in reports and internally in the BoxOffice sales module. Can also be included on the ticket layout.
A promoter can quickly be created from this field or via Administration - Events - Promoters where they are also editable.
- Date & Time / End date: The start and end time of the event. The event is visible in BoxOffice until its end time.
- Free admission event: Used for free admission events where no ticket is required. This information can be sent via the Tixly Event API and the event is also visible on the sales dashboard. Please note that once an event is saved as a free admission event it is not possible to change this.
- Confirmed: If No, the event will be marked as red on the sales dashboard and no date or time will be printed on the ticket. It is, however, still possible to sell tickets for the event. It could be used to show BoxOffice staff that this event is not on sale (yet)
- Sale status: Event status visible in the online buying process and in BoxOffice.
- No status: Default status when creating an event.
- Few tickets: Based on WG settings, can be last 100 tickets or 10% of the available tickets for instance.
- Sold out: Based on WG settings, can be 0 tickets or 0% of the available tickets.
- Cancelled: Manually select this status when an event is cancelled.
- Sale not scheduled: Used if the event should be visible online, but no start sale date is known yet.
- Auto Sales Status: If yes, the sale status will automatically change to few tickets and sold out. Do not forget to set auto sale status to No when manually changing the sale status to few tickets or sold out.
Contact Tixly Support to discuss the settings.
- Waiting list: Activate the waiting list for the event. The waiting list is activated when the event has the status Sold Out.
- Max waiting list tickets: Indicates the number of tickets customers may request per sign up, it does not reflect the total number of waiting list spaces.
- CSV download: Once customers have signed up for the waiting list a Get CSV button will appear. This is a static list and customers can remove themselves from the waiting list in their online account.
- Duration: The duration of the event, visible under the information button during a BoxOffice sale and in the Tixly Event API.
- Internal note: Internal information visible for the BoxOffice staff in the information box.
- Event groups: Which event group or groups should the date be connected to. An event can be connected to multiple event groups, then a default event group needs to be selected.
- Categories (required): Select one or more categories. Used in Tixly Event API, in reports and to create customer segments using the Tixly customer segmentation tool. New categories can be created directly from this field and can be edited via Administration - Events - Categories.
- Tags: Add an existing tag or create a new one. Tags can be used to create customer segments and are also searchable in the event search bar. They can be used by third party software through Tixly Event API. In the example below the name of actor has been added as a tag to the event making it possible to find an event based on a custom search term.
- VAT: Select the VAT rate on the event.
- Gift card groups: Add a gift card group to allow customers to pay for this event using a specific gift card. Read more about gift cards.
Hall & Prices
- Venue: The venue where the event is held.
Venues are created under Administration - Venues - Venues.
- Hall: The hall inside the venue where the event is held.
Unnumbered halls can be created under Administration - Venues - Halls. Numbered halls are created by Tixly Support.
- Configuration: Select which configuration of the hall should be used for the event. A numbered hall can have multiple configurations with different price zones, entrances, ranking, seat notices, pre defined allocations and more.
- Include service fee: If yes, a fixed additional service fee per order can be set up. This fee is paid by the ticket buyer.
- Service fee: The fixed fee amount.
- Fee settings: If a fee per ticket is used there are two options:
- Custom fees: fees set per ticket type and price zone.
- Automatic fees: pre defined fee values by Tixly Support.
- Prices / Fees: Only used by venues that use a fee per ticket.
- Prices: Select when adding the base prices.
- Fees: Select when adding the ticket fees. The fee is added on top of the base price. Customers will see the base price + the fee in the buying process.
- Inside commission %: Select when adding the inside commission percentages. This commission is part of the base price.
- Venue Levy: Select when adding the venue levy. This levy is part of the base price and is not added on top of the base price.
- Prices: Select when adding the base prices.
- Price template: If applicable, select which price template should be used for this event. The price types and prices will be added automatically. It is still possible to add/delete ticket types and adjust the prices. Go to Price Templates to see how the templates are created.
- Ticket types: Select which ticket types should be available on the event. It is possible to search for available ticket types in the search field. The ticket types are then priced for each price zone individually. New ticket types can be created or edited under Administration - Tickets - Ticket types.
- Shopping cart icon: By connecting a product to a ticket type a package can be created. The ticket type will can not be bought without the product. In the buying process the final price of the ticket + product is shown.
In the next step, it is possible to set the price per ticket type and price zone. If custom ticket fees are used, it is possible to set an individual fee per ticket type and price zone by changing the selection under the Prices / Fees dropdown.
If the star to left of the ticket type is fully filled, the ticket type is a subscription ticket type, otherwise it's a regular ticket type.
Once a numbered event is saved it's not possible to change the venue, hall or configuration of the event. It is possible to change an unnumbered hall into another unnumbered hall, however, only the name of the hall will change. The capacity of the hall will remain the same, but can be changed on event level.
- Sales and reporting access: If external users (e.g. a promoter) should have access to the event, select Local users + specific users.
- Access Level: The specific users can be added here using their email address. Users of the type promotor will show up in the dropdown. Other users can be added by typing out their full email address and clicking add external.
- Sale access: Choose where the ticket type should be available:
- Local sales + Internet: The ticket type will be available online for every customer.
- Local sales: The ticket type is mainly available in BoxOffice only. Online access to this ticket type can be given by creating a special offer link or via a customer tag.
- Quota: It is possible to set a quota on a ticket type. It defines the maximum amount of tickets that can be sold of that specific ticket type.
- Online quantity rule: Define if there are any quantity rules connected to the ticket type.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 8: The customer can buy 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8 tickets. Not 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 etc.
- 0, 8-20: The customer can purchase between 8 and 20 tickets. No less than 8 and not more than 20.
- 0, 2, 4, 6, 10-20: The customer can purchase 2, 4, 6 or between 10 and 20 tickets.
Always start with 0, otherwise the customer is required to buy the ticket type.
How do you schedule a ticket type?
A ticket type can be schedule by clicking the clock icon right of the ticket type. There it is possible to define a date and time interval where the ticket type will be available online. The left date picker is the start and the right date picker is the end of the interval.
How do you add a voucher code?
Voucher codes are added by clicking the business card symbol right of the ticket type. The code can then be used by the customer in the last step of the online buying process to access discounted ticket types.
Below is a step by step explanation where a new voucher code is created. The voucher code in the example is valid when purchasing Standard ticket type and will give access to a hidden ticket type with a discounted price.
1. Make sure that the discounted price is connected to the event. In our example it is named Kampanj. The discounted ticket type should have sale access Local sales only.
2. Search for an existing voucher code or create a new code. Start by typing an internal name, if no existing code shows up click Add new.
3. Create a new voucher code
- Name: Internal name
- Code: The code that the customer uses online
- Ticket type: The ticket type that Standard should "transform" into when the voucher code is used.
4. Press Save
The voucher code can be used for multiple ticket types, e.g. Student, Children or in other events where the ticket type Kampanj is connected.
Edit voucher code
Navigate to Administration - Events - Vouchers to edit already created voucher codes.
In the module one can edit name, code and which ticket type it should be connected to. It is also possible to see existing connections and remove a voucher code from events.
Ticket type specific layout
It is also possible to add a specific ticket layout to a ticket type and then override the ticket type that is selected for the event if one purchases the specific ticket type.
- Available online: Define if the event should be available for online sale or not.
- Online sale start & end: Between which date and time that the online sales are active.
- Visible online: Set when the event should be visible online and when it's sent to the external site through the Tixly Event API.
Event that is visible online but where sales is scheduled to start at a later date and time.
- Skin: Choose skin/brand for the link below. The skin is not saved on the event, so change the skin before copying the link.
- Weblink: Link to the online buying process for the specific event date.
- Min & Max tickets online: Min and Max number of tickets a customer is able to purchase online for this event per order.
- Numbered seating view: Select whether customers will see the hall in the online buying process.
- No hall view mode: The hall is not shown in the online buying process.
- Hall view without manual selection: The hall is shown, but the customer can't change the selected seats.
- Manual seat selection: The hall is shown and the customer is able to change the selected seats. No seats can be left empty between sold orders and seats can only be moved/selected together.
- Manual seat selection any seat: The hall is shown an the customer is able to change the selected seats. Seats can be left empty between sold orders and individual seats in multiple sections can be selected.
- Social distancing: Will allow an offset of X seats between orders and a max capacity on the hall.
- No hall view mode: The hall is not shown in the online buying process.
- Pick seats first: Set if the customer should select their seats or ticket type first in the online buying process. If yes, the hall will automatically open up when opening the link.
- Display 360: If the venue has a 360 view, it can be activated here.
- Best search option: Only applicable in high pressure ticket sales, when you want to set how best seat available should work.
- Show event start time as: Set whether to show the date & time or only the date in the online buying process.
- Delivery types: Select which delivery types should be available for the event.
- Permissions: Select which permissions should be connected to the event. A permission that is connected to the season will automatically be connected to the events within that season. But it is also possible to add event specific permissions.
- Web trackers: This is where the Facebook Pixel, Google analytics and Google Tag Manager can be added. Commonly used if an external promoter wants to add their tracker to their specific events. Default web trackers of the organisation can be added to the skin.
- Customer tag: Add a customer tag to the event to give customers with certain tags access to specific ticket types that are not available in the regular sale and/or to give customers with a tag access to a pre-sale.
- Special note (shown online): A note text that is shown online below the ticket types. Only visible when pick seats first is not active or when using the event group link.
- Email template for online sales: Choose whether to use default e-mail layout or a dedicated one for the event.
- Extra information: If yes, an extra free text field is added to the online buying process where the customer can answer a question or enter additional information. It could, for instance, be used to ask customers to enter their allergies or t-shirt size when selling products. This information can be found in the customer report, Reports - Customers - Tickets sold.
- Information text: Explain what information is asked for.
- Required: If yes, the field will be mandatory and the purchase can not be finalised without entering something in the text field.
- Customer info on each ticket: If yes, the customer needs to enter a unique name, email address or phone number for each ticket in the order. The information can be entered from the online receipt page. This information needs to be provided in order to be able to download the tickets. Each ticket will then be moved to new order and customer.
- Information text: An information text that is shown to the customer on their online receipt page.
- Force unique: Select if the name, email, mobile number or a combination of them must be unique on each ticket in the order.
- Position: By default are all event dates within an event group ordered by date and time. It is possible to change this order by giving the dates different positions.
- Allow gift card: Inactivate if it should not be possible to use gift cards as payment method for the event.
It is possible to create a special offer for a dedicated ticket type directly from this tab.
Connect products to the event date.
New products are created via Administration - Products - Products
- Ticket title: Can be used to shorten or alter the event title on the tickets. If nothing is entered here, the name of the event date will be used.
- Subtitle: Can be used to shorten or alter the subtitle on the tickets. If nothing is entered here, the subtitle of the event date will be used.
- Info text 1-3: Text that can be included on the ticket if the variables are available on the ticket. Often used for extra information such as The entrance will open 2 hours prior to show.
- Ticket for PDF, Epson, Godex, Boca, etc: Choose if the default ticket layout should be used for this event or if there's another layout that should be used (numbered vs unnumbered layout for instance).
- PDF Ticket image: Upload an image that can be printed on the PDF ticket layout provided that the variable is available in the layout.
Add translations for online and ticket elements to activated languages. This will also be shown in the API.
Create automatic emails and SMS.
Only use this feature if only specific BoxOffice payment types should be available for the event.
If Override scan settings is set to Yes, it is possible to specify a time interval when it should be possible to scan tickets to the event. If no interval is set, the default time (X hours before and after the event) will be used. If the default times need to be adjusted, please contact Tixly Support.
If required, add an ext. ref. number, department and account to the events. These numbers will show up in several reports and the finance export.
When an event is cancelled or moved it is possible to activate some self service refund options for the customer. Activate the options by setting Refunds to Yes.
- Include ticket fee: Should ticket fees be included in the refund.
- Include order fee: Should order fees be included in the refund.
- Include event product: Should any event related products be included in the refund.
- Refund money: Set to Yes to offer a monetary refund.
- Refund payment type: Select the refund payment type.
- Mail template: Select the email template that will be sent once the customer has requested a refund.
- Tickets bought before: All tickets that were bought before this date will have the option of getting a refund. However, tickets bought after this date will not have the option of requesting a refund. E.g. if a show has been moved it is possible to offer a refund to all ticket buyers that bought tickets before the move was announced.
- Limit refund period: Should the refund option only be available until a specific date and time.
- Refund end date: Define the end date and time of the refund period, after this time the refund options will no longer be available on the receipt page of the customer.
- Available gift cards: Select one or more gift cards to enable the option to transfer the ticket amount to a gift card instead of requesting a refund.
- Available donations: Select one or more donations to give the ticket buyers the option to donate the amount of their order.