In the segmentation module it is possible to create customer segments based on many different variables and filters such as tickets in order, number of purchases during a set time interval, or number of days since last purchase.
The created segment can then be downloaded to excel or as a CSV file with full details of the customers that match the chosen criteria. It is also possible to send a special offer directly from the system, send the segment to Facebook or to a external marketing/email system.
Navigate to Administration - Customers - Segmentation
To create a new segment, click Create segment in the upper right corner.
- Name: Internal name of the segment.
- Description: Internal description of the segment.
- Event filter: Define which customers should be included in the segment.
- Days back: Data will as a default be fetched from all events in the future but it is also possible to apply past events by changing the slider Days back. E.g. "120 days back" will then fetch all events in the future plus all events that have occurred 120 days in the past. It is then possible to additionally filter events by:
- Event Groups
- Event Dates
It is possible to combine all filters to get the desired data. When selection has been made, click Get data, wait for the data to be fetched (number of customers that match the criteria will be shown to the left), and then click Save.
When a segment has been created it is time to process the data based on different filters in order to get a customer list.
Click Actions and chose either View segmentation, View for event, or View for production.
- View segmentation: Includes all customers in the segment.
- View for events: Excludes all customers that have tickets to a chosen event date.
- View for production: Excludes all customers that have tickets to a chosen event group.
When a segment is processed, different colored boxes are used to filter customers based on different criteria. The first thing to do is to chose which filters that should be applied to the segment view.
Then in the segment view, apply different values to each filter.
- Distance: Distance to the venue.
- Gender: Define gender by the option Women, Men, Men & Women or All. Type of gender is based on first name and names that have not been defined will be present in All gender.
- Revenue: The amount of money that the customer has spent.
- Order: Number of orders/purchases that the customer has made.
- Sales type: Sales channel: online, box office or online & box office (meaning customers that have purchased tickets both online and in the box office).
- Subscription: Customers that are subscription holders or regular customers.
- Last purchase: Number of days since last purchase. Can be configured to show:
- Customers that have bought tickets within last X days
- Customers that have bought tickets exactly X days ago
- Customers that have not bought tickets within last X days.
- Tickets: Number of tickets that the customer has bought in total.
- Events: Number of events that the customer has bought for in total.
- Impulsive: Customers that have bought tickets X days prior to start of event (Customers that tend to buy tickets late).
In the table to the right it is also possible to include or exclude customers that have provided consent to certain permissions. E.g. include all that have provided consent to permission X but exclude all that have consented to permission Y.
For each adjustment that is made to the filters, the module calculates in real time the number of customers that match the criteria.
When selections and criteria are set it is possible to save the View for later use. If new customers have been added that match the segment and the filters, they will automatically be added to the view.
Additionally, it is possible to create a new view within the current one or open a previously saved view by clicking Open / New.
Open saved view
To open a saved view, select it (it will then be marked with yellow) and press Open.
Create new view
To create a new view, select desired filters and click New. No previously saved filters should be selected (they should be marked with white).
View customers and export
- View customers: View the customers matching the criteria in a list on the screen. The list will be generated at the bottom of the page and will show the first 50 customers.
- Export results:
- Download with all customer data: Used to clean and bulk update customer cards Read more about import/update customers.
- Download customers: Download the customers as a CSV.
- Facebook Audience: Send the list to Facebook.
- External Email Application: Send the list to an external email system.
In Actions you can either choose to tag the customers or send them a special offer.
Note! Sending a special offer requires that the segment is viewed for an event date or an event group.
Click Tag customers and then Save by the tag that you want to add to the customers.
- Create the special offer that you would like to send to the segment.
- For the segment click Actions and View for event or View for event group.
- Choose the event date or the event group that is included in the special offer.
- Click Actions and Special offer.
- Choose the special offer, email template (Note! There has to be a dedicated layout created for special offer mails, contact Tixly Support if you need to help with this.), Subject header for the email and a custom text included in the email.
- Click Send. Special offer email will now be sent within 15 minutes.