Products can be offered as up-sell online or forced to a ticket type (ticket + food + drink package) Products are primarily created in the Products module but can also be "quick created" when a package with ticket + food is made in edit event.
To create a new product navigate to Administration - Products - Products and click Add product in the upper right corner.
- Name: Name of the product
- Description: Description for web. The description is shown when pressing the information symbol in the screen shot below.
- SKU: The Stock Keeping Unit of the product.
- Grouping text: Choose a category to be able to group products in the online buying flow. In the example below, the category is "Pausmeny".
Picture from the online buying flow in upsell of products.
- Price: Price of the product.
- VAT: VAT of the product.
- Has PDF: When set to Yes, the customer will receive a PDF product voucher at purchase.
- Connect to event: When set to Yes the product can't be sold without connecting it to an event date.
- It is possible to generate reports for products connected to events to be able to see how many of a certain product that is sold to a specific event date. E.g. who of the attendees tonight have also purchased a food package.
- Products that are not connected to event dates can be sold separately, normally used for merchandise, cd's etc.
- Position: Used to positioning the products so they are shown in a specific order in the online buying flow. If two products have the same position they will be shown in alphabetical order.
- Categories: Choose a category for BoxOffice sales. We recommend to have 4-6 different ones to make the overview look as good as possible. In this example, there are 4 categories: CD's, Products, Food & Beverages and Fees. Categories are created under Administration - Products - Categories.
In the Images tab, it is possible to upload a picture shown in the online buying process and on the PDF product voucher.
In this tab, it is possible to connect the product to event dates. It is possible to view and edit quota as well as when the product should be removed from online sales. (X hours prior to event start).
- Recommend in BoxOffice: Choose whether the product should be shown as a recommended product when reserving tickets to an event that the product is connected to.
- Default quota: Define a default quota that should be added to the product when it is connected to an event date. The quota can be edited afterwards individually for each event if needed.
- Default remove x hours before show: Define a default value for when the product should be automatically removed from online sales. This can also be edited individually afterwards.
- Add event: Use the search bar to find event dates to connect the products to.
- Remove events: Events can be removed by clicking the X symbol to the right on the row for each event date.
Add translations for online and ticket elements to activated languages.
In the layout tab, it is possible to add text fields to the product voucher.
- Info text 1, 2, 3 & 4: Text fields that appear on the product voucher. E.g. The restaurant is open 2 h prior to show.
- Ticket layout for PDF: Choose which layout that should be used for the product. Click Preview to view an example of the chosen layout. As standard, default layout is chosen.
- Ticket layout for Godex, Markpoint, Intermec etc: Choose which layout to be used for each ticket printer. As standard, default layout is chosen.
For those who use a finance file integration. Ext. Ref. Number, Department and Account can be set if it should be different from default values as well as purchase price.
Stock can be set and viewed.
- Use stock: When set to Yes stock is activated.
- Stock: Define the amount of available products.
- Sold / Res. Here shows number of sold and reserved products.
- Remaining stock: Available products.
Create product categories
To change and add new product categories, navigate to Administration - Products - Categories and click Add category in the upper right corner.
- Name: Name of the category
- Add text on receipt page: This text is the one that the customer sees on his/her receipt page online when they want to add products to the existing order. Add food and beverages in the example below.
- Color: Color shown in BoxOffice sales.
- Position: Used to position the categories in a specific order. If all the categories have the same number, they will be organized alphabetically. In the example beneath "Mat & Dryck" have position 4.
How do you connect products to events and ticket types?
There are two ways of using products together with events.
As forced product to a ticket type.
Products as up-sell/additional sales
When editing an event there is a tab called Products. In this tab all products that should be available in the online buying process should be selected. It is also possible to define quota and when each product should be removed from online sales.
Product link to a specific date
In the same tab there is a purchase link to products for the specific event date. Using that makes it possible to sell products even to customers that forgot to purchase products with their tickets.
Ticket type with forced products
In the Hall & Prices tab there is a product icon to the right of the ticket price. By pressing that it is possible to connect a product to a ticket type so that when a customer chooses it he/she is also forced to purchase the connected product.
It is possible to choose existing products or quick create a new one directly from the interface by clicking Add new, inputting a name, price, VAT rate and clicking Save. The product can also be edited afterwards from the product module.
The total price that the customer sees and pays are the combined price from the ticket and the product. If the ticket is priced at €20 and the product at €10 the customer will see a price of €30.
When there are forced products to a ticket type a number is shown on the product symbol which indicates how many products that are being forced to the ticket type.